Monday 31 October 2011

The Bookworm is in London

Hey Bookworms,

I am really sorry that I haven't posted much this month. I was on vacation last week in London and I had no internet connection whatsoever, besides the occasional internet café.
London was amazing and I was very busy sightseeing, but, I did manage to go into a couple of bookstores there and I bought the two first books of The Hunger Games trilogy. The Hunger Games is a trilogy that was kindly reccomended to me by The Anonymous Pug. Thanks Anonymous Pug! I have started to read the first book and it is very good. It is not the type of book that I am used to but it is a good change. 
In London I went to some markets (like flee markets) which had lots of used books.  At one market (at Greenwich) saw a box set of 10 Horrible Histories and got all ten of them for the price of one! The books are brand new and I have all ready whipped through one of them! They are just short reads that you pick up every once and a while. They talk about all of the bad things that happened during kings and queens reigns (boys would like them too). They are great to read on a grey day!

At another market (this one on the Southbank-near the OXO tower where I later had lunch) I passed by a whole bunch of books laid out on tables. The books were mainly for adults but a couple of books caught my eye. There were some books about old kings and queens of England that looked interesting, but I didn't end up buying any of them.
I did of course go into a couple WHSmiths, but I found that all of the books there were to expensive and that they didn't have most of the books that I was looking for.  Waterstones was a whole different experience--they had lots off good deals (like buy get one for £1) and a better selection. Why isn't there one in Paris?!

I think that after being in London and seeing all of the books and bookstores that they have, I will admit that I love Waterstones and I am going to add it to my 'Where I Get My Books' page.

I hope that all of the Bookworms out there are reading a lot and having a great school year!

-Gia

No comments:

Post a Comment