Sunday 10 June 2012

Book Countdown Update

Hello Bookworms!

I am just writing a quick little post to let you know how everything is going regarding the book countdown...

It has been going very slowly, unfortunately, mostly because of the stress of packing boxes and cleaning our apartment here before we leave to go to Vancouver. Also, I just got back from a week-long school trip on Friday and had a big dance recital Saturday evening (yesterday), for which I had to prepare all day long!

I had no time to read on my school trip and have been so busy that I am sadly stopping the book countdown 10 days before the deadline. I have just finished The Book of the Maidservant by Rebecca Barnhouse, which leaves me with three books to read in just ten days. Now if they were all quite short books, I might be able to pull it off; but since Inkspell by Cornelia Funke is about 500 pages long and in small print, there is absolutely no way that I will be done the three remaining books in time. Another reason is that there are lots of other books that I want to read and when ever I pick them up, read the back cover and get excited, I have to remind myself that I have other books that I have to read for my book challenge. And I hate that, because I am missing out on a lot of really good books, and that is not at all my intention with my book countdown.

I am going to read the three remaining books, though, just not right now because I am in a different 'book period' in my life and am interested in different books...

Look out for the review of The Book of the Maidservant by Rebecca Barnhouse, coming out this week!

-Gia

P.S.: I almost forgot to mention that I am now a TEEN!!! The name of the blog will still stay the same though!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update (and Happy Birthday)! I think it's amazing that you have been able to keep reading and keep up the blog during your busy time. You deserve a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gia!
    It's too bad that you had to stop the countdown, but I totally get ya, Inkspell is ridiculously long. I mean, you could probably read 3 books including Inkspell in 10 days if you locked yourself in your room and did nothing but read all day(I did this over Christmas break), but if you're moving and you still have school, that is DEFINITELY not an option. Also, if you haven't read it, I'd recommend "the Secret Garden".

    Best wishes, and a very happy birthday to you,
    -The Anonymous Pug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with everything!!! But I just wanted to say congratulations on your blog, happy birthday and your blog is definitely gonna help me with my summer reading!!! Thanx for everything, I'm soooo proud!!!!!

    ReplyDelete