Monday 21 March 2011

I'd tell you I love you , but then I'd have to kill you

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

By Ally Carter

Summary:
Cammie Morgan is not who you think she is.  She is not just a normal teenage girl at a normal school.  She speaks 14 languages, can kill with her bare hands, and attends a CIA training school. Cammie's school is very secret.  The girls who attend it are probably the most well-educated girls ever known.  When a new girl, Macey, arrives, it's Cammie's job to help Macey fit in.  On one of Cammie's missions she meets a normal boy who thinks that Cammie is a normal girl.  Cammie's crush on this boy is undeniable, but this crush is also a secret kept from her mom, the headmistress of her school. As the school year goes on Cammie has more missions waiting for her.  Things get complicated when Cammie's missions involve her crush.  Like math, each mission and challenge has an answer.  The trick is to find it.  Along the way Cammie finds out more about Macey and also about keeping secrets.

Every mission gets harder and harder but what Cammie doesn't know, is that her biggest mission yet is sitting right in front of her...

Review:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You is the first book in the Gallagher Academy series.  It is a great book for any tween or teen. This book takes you into a brand new world. You become a Gallagher Girl.  I like how in every one of Cammie's classes she takes on another dangerous task. I love how Ally Carter, the author, gives a 'behind the scenes look', that is to say that she tells us how, why and which way Cammie handles her missions.  It shows us what Cammie is like, and what she can do with her special skills learned at the Gallagher Academy.

I'd Tell You... is more or less an introduction to the series. It shows an extremely different lifestyle from the one we all know.  That side of the book is good, but I have to say that there is no real mystery in this book. I am not saying that it is a bad book. On the contrary, it is a wonderful introduction to the following books in the series. I'd Tell You... still has the excitement of Cammie's first secret crush. I think that Cammie's expressions and feelings are very well shown. You can tell when Cammie is worried, in shock, pain or even scared.  I'd Tell You...  takes you into the 'spy world' and makes you want to know all the adventures that she will have in the future.

Overall this is a great introduction to the series.  I will be review the next book in the series soon, don't miss it...

284 pages

2 comments:

  1. Hola amiga!
    ¿Como estas? :)
    A mi, me gustan mucho tus libros
    Gracias,
    Ellanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Ellanna,

    Esta muy bien. Gracias por tu commentario agradable en mis libros! Quel libro es tu favorito?

    -Gia

    ReplyDelete